Desk Diver Forum

Non-categorized watch related discussion
Ocean
Founding Member

Desk Diver Forum

Post by Ocean » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm

I would like to welcome any members of Desk Diver to join here and check it out the forum. Enjoy the forum, take a look at watch brand of the month and take a penny leave a penny.
AJC

Re: Desk Diver Forum

Post by AJC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:41 am

Yeah me too.
The DD Forum had some good guys. Ron, Brice, etc. I hope to see some of them here in the near future.

I bought my Seiko Landmonster there as well.
DOOM - The WatchForums Supervillian
SynMike

Post by SynMike » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 am

DD was my former main hangout. I'm very disappointed to see it go. I'll hang out here a bit in my search for a new home but to be honest I'm a bit worn out by forums. Interests grow or fade and I'm in a bit of a lull as watch interests go at the moment. The death of DD doesn't encourage me. Wow I sound like a real downer. Sorry about that.

Here's a collection pic. It's a little bit old, I've trimmed about 20 from this and added just a few.

eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

SynMike wrote:DD was my former main hangout. I'm very disappointed to see it go. I'll hang out here a bit in my search for a new home but to be honest I'm a bit worn out by forums. Interests grow or fade and I'm in a bit of a lull as watch interests go at the moment. The death of DD doesn't encourage me. Wow I sound like a real downer. Sorry about that.
Here's a collection pic. It's a little bit old, I've trimmed about 20 from this and added just a few.

I heard you Mike...welcome and I think along those lines, we all at one point or another get bored , busy etc...losing the main "hangout" is not easy .
But what happened there? I thought it was a fair amount of traffic ...
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
SynMike

Post by SynMike » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm

I don't know what happened. The forum was started by 2 guys. It was never a busy forum, only a couple dozen active members. But it was a friendly place with a small but loyal group, just a bunch of great guys. One of the 2 founders left without saying why. I don't know if discussions of a shut down occurred recently, I was out of touch for a week on a business trip. The day I returned I got an email saying it was shut down and the forum was already wiped out so I cant go back and see what discussion might have happened. In fact, the same thing occurred with my prior favorite forum, also started by at least 1 of the 2 same guys. It was also shut down and wiped without warning. It's a poor way to close shop, effectively a punishment to the active members.
Ocean
Founding Member

Post by Ocean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm

I know Jerry left (agent orange) leaving falcon holding the bag. There was another forum tears ago that had the same thing happen. It is a shame that it wasn't offered to the members to take over or send the info to another forum as it have some good info on it.
bigedsurf

Post by bigedsurf » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 pm

SynMike wrote:DD was my former main hangout. I'm very disappointed to see it go. I'll hang out here a bit in my search for a new home but to be honest I'm a bit worn out by forums. Interests grow or fade and I'm in a bit of a lull as watch interests go at the moment. The death of DD doesn't encourage me. Wow I sound like a real downer. Sorry about that.

Hey, I recognize that Wave Ceptor..........Good to see you here Mike

AJC

Post by AJC » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 am

I posted at least once a day there (mostly in the WURW sub) but was on the site everyday and saw no mention of an impending closure.
DOOM - The WatchForums Supervillian
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 am

Berrnard wrote:From the DD forum :( , hope i can contribute here
Welcome Berrnard....
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
kahuna74

Post by kahuna74 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

I too posted every day, as 074 in that forum. Did not hear really much about shutting down either. glad to see you here Berrnard, synmike and the rest of you guy's.
falcon4311
Banned!

Post by falcon4311 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 am

Well guys, I'm here. Yes, Jerry's departure was not welcomed and it seemed as though things quickly dropped off, to the point where we had 4 members posting in the wrist check threads. Jerry did this before and he shut THG down. I will never be involved in any watch forum with him again. Compulsive is what comes to mind. Suffice to say that I'm very upset with his hasty illogical actions and he left me holding the bag, no thanks or instructions on the running of the forum. Anyway; onward and upward.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Welcome to WF! Very glad to have you aboard. And don't worry; the only genuine compulsiveness here is the sudden and highly illogical purchase of watches... :alien:

falcon4311 wrote:Well guys, I'm here. Yes, Jerry's departure was not welcomed and it seemed as though things quickly dropped off, to the point where we had 4 members posting in the wrist check threads. Jerry did this before and he shut THG down. I will never be involved in any watch forum with him again. Compulsive is what comes to mind. Suffice to say that I'm very upset with his hasty illogical actions and he left me holding the bag, no thanks or instructions on the running of the forum. Anyway; onward and upward.
falcon4311
Banned!

Post by falcon4311 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks guys! It is Ed, had he put in the effort as he said he would, he complained about new members not posting as well as existing members not contributing to starting threads. He has a very negative attitude which rubbed myself as well as others the wrong way. That said, I hope that I will be able to call this my new home.

I find huge forums to be too much for my liking, it's hard to develop friends when you belong to a forum that has 100 thousand members.
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Interesting stuff Falcon, did couple transactions with Jerry once, years ago that when fine ...but didn't know him well...
Welcome....