Desk Diver Forum

Non-categorized watch related discussion
MAX

Re: Desk Diver Forum

Post by MAX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:41 am

The demise of DD took me quite by surprise too. Sorry to see it go but I have to admit I was posting less and less although I did check in every day. Hope to see a lot of the regulars from there sign on here.
falcon4311
Banned!

Post by falcon4311 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 am

MAXg wrote:The demise of DD took me quite by surprise too. Sorry to see it go but I have to admit I was posting less and less although I did check in every day. Hope to see a lot of the regulars from there sign on here.

I know Marc, it just got to the point where it didn't make any sense to keep things going. Having 4 people posting was a complete waste of time. THG was doing very well back when Jerry shut it down but for some reason DD just could not get an wind in the sails. I wish it didn't happen the way it did but I can't look back with regrets.
russ_b28

Post by russ_b28 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 am

Hello, another former DD members signing on. I wasn't surprised that Don decided to shut the forum down, the writing had been on the wall for some time.
I was thinking of taking a break from the forums anyway as I'm not looking to add any more to my 29 watch collection and I felt like I didn't have anything new to add. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the discussions here.
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Nice indeed, to see you guys made it here here...
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
wottime

Post by wottime » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Hello to all the DD guys. Welcome to WF. I accepted a promotion in December and haven't the chance to hang around or post like I used too, but appreciated this forum. To echo what Mortus said, lots of WIS here. Great place to learn. So, again, welcome.
jeep99dad

Post by jeep99dad » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:00 am

Hey fellas,
It's Brice, also was a member at DD, and miss it a lot, felt like family, a bunch of buddies.. You know how you feel like you know each other for years and are tight friends even if most have never met... Weird I know... But yet the truth! :)
Itis the past and I don't want to move backwards nor talk about Jerry's actions.... Let's focus on the future and relationships here :)
Last edited by No such person on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:03 am

Welcome...glad you made it here.
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Well said, jeeps...I know first hand what it's like to lose a site that you've put your heart into. Thank goodness - and Doc Needles - for this site! We're small enough to maintain the 'small town' feel, but what we lack in size, we make up for with our in-house WIS's, all of whom are friendly and eager to share what they know...
Welcome aboard! Post early. Post often. And always remember to brush and floss.
:alien:
jeep99dad wrote:Hey fellas,
It's Brice, also was a member at DD, and miss it a lot, felt like family, a bunch of buddies.. You know how you feel like you know each other for years and are tight friends even if most have never met... Weird I know... But yet the truth! :)
Itis the past and I don't want to move backwards nor talk about Jerry's actions.... Let's focus on the future and relationships here :)
falcon4311
Banned!

Post by falcon4311 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 pm

bodypeersur wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys. Good to see some old DD groupies. Don! Wussup?

Not too much Duff, same old same old. How are things doing at your end?