Let's take a moment....

Non-categorized watch related discussion
eddiea
Founding Member

Let's take a moment....

Post by eddiea » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:27 am

To remember some of the great Seikos of the 60's & 70's

None of the above are mine (unfortunately) fortunately however ...this one below is 8) , cortesy of Andrew and the Leave a Penny/Take a Penny Seccion of the Trade Fora ..which I would like to recommend to all!!
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
mrneddles

Re: Let's take a moment....

Post by mrneddles » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:08 am

Love the cushion-shaped divers. I can't keep their model numbers straight in my head. Most of the ones I see available are either beat to all hell or frankensteins.
3flushes

Post by 3flushes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Really fueled my nostalgia kick to find a Pogue in good shape- really hard to find nice ones. Mine got ripped off from my dorm room on my fourth day of college.
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm

3flushes wrote:Really fueled my nostalgia kick to find a Pogue in good shape- really hard to find nice ones. Mine got ripped off from my dorm room on my fourth day of college.
Knock yourself out, great price...(good vendor BTW)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Chrono-Pepsi-Yellow-dial-6139-Mint-6139-6002-Gent-1-/140924718765?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item20cfc48ead
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:04 am

AlbertaTime wrote:
That exact same watch seems to get sold a lot...
It is the same pic, but me thinking most likely they are different watches, the dude seem to have a mother load of Seikos (heavy on Rados auto too)on hand or, know were to find and restore them around South East Asia...and his watchmaker does a very good job restoring BTW, I have seen some samples .
AlbertaTime

Post by AlbertaTime » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

eddiea wrote:It is the same pic, but me thinking most likely they are different watches, the dude seem to have a mother load of Seikos (heavy on Rados auto too)on hand or, know were to find and restore them around South East Asia...and his watchmaker does a very good job restoring BTW, I have seen some samples .

I've seen some of his West End pieces online and they look good. I'm really thinking about it since I love Pogues and it's one watch where a good restoration would be fine with me.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

FWIW, I've had nothing but good experiences with Sophon; very responsive, all-around good guy. But, be very careful in looking at all of his listings; there's so much good stuff, your head will spin... :lol:
AJC

Post by AJC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 am

I have a Citizen Bullhead from sophon, it's super clean and runs great (even the chrono hand snaps back with a purpose). My watchmaker says all the moving parts are genuine Citizen but I have a feeling that the caseback, dial, hands are not.
DOOM - The WatchForums Supervillian
eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:19 am

NorthCountry wrote:That was pure eye candy, thanks for posting. What size did they run, back in the day?
39/40mm +-...some maybe a bit bigger, but not much.
FreeDive

Post by FreeDive » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:45 am

Classic, classic designs! Like a submariner, there's a reason why these still sell in high demand on ebay and the forums. A lot more than i can say for some of the watches i see coming out today!