Holy Bluebird batman

Non-categorized watch related discussion
Ocean
Founding Member

Holy Bluebird batman

Post by Ocean » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 am

‘Our ambition at last achieved’. Sir Malcolm Campbell wrote those words on a photo of his record breaking Bluebird at Utah’s Bonneville flats in 1935. He had just broken his own land speed record, recording a speed of 301.331mph – the first man to drive faster than 300mph. When I first saw that photo, I was in the Theatre Royal in London’s Haymarket at the launch of the Campbell family’s latest assault on speed records, this time powered by electric engines and with Christopher Ward London as Official Timekeeping Partner.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/blog/ambition-achieved-christopher-ward-and-bluebird/
eddiea
Founding Member

Re: Holy Bluebird batman

Post by eddiea » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

CW makes a good watch, but aside from a model or two? ...they are pretty bland in my book.
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
mrneddles

Post by mrneddles » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:33 pm

eddiea wrote:CW makes a good watch, but aside from a model or two? ...they are pretty bland in my book.

I like what I see from the brand, but never enough like to buy one.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I like their racing style watches, but little else...like most of the food over in Blighty, the rest are pretty bland...
bigedsurf

Post by bigedsurf » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 pm

mrneddles wrote:
eddiea wrote:CW makes a good watch, but aside from a model or two? ...they are pretty bland in my book.

I like what I see from the brand, but never enough like to buy one.

Yup...........