Halios Tropik SS Review

Non-categorized watch related discussion
DBCooper
Founding Member

Halios Tropik SS Review

Post by DBCooper » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 am

WORN & WOUND

Just a few months ago we reviewed the Halios Tropik B, one of the more interesting bronze dive watches to drop in recent memory. With a relatively small cushion case, an elegant vintage inspired dial and an interesting bronze alloy, it’s the kind of unique design that comes along once in a while and leaves a lasting impression. This seems to be the MO for Halios, whose watches are always different from the herd and priced very fairly.

READ MORE

Sam
wottime

Re: Halios Tropik SS Review

Post by wottime » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Like the brown leather strap a little better.   Miyota 9015 movement.  Domed Sapphire. Ceramic bezel. One of the cleaner dials in dive watches. Good size. Overall, I like it, but at $650 I think there are others in that price range I would consider.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Halios Tropik SS Review

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:43 pm

I was really doubting this watch until I took the time to give the review -- and even the comments -- a full read, and the pics the full scan.  I have to say that I really like this watch and, in an age where all divers are starting to look alike, the subtle design deltas on this diver are both attractive and very refreshing.  I never thought I'd say this, but I really like the suede strap look in wott's post above.  It's a kickass strap/watch combo, and it's giving me the 'itchies' in the wallet department.

Excellent post, Sam; thanks for the very good read...