The Bremont In-house fiasco

Non-categorized watch related discussion
AJC

The Bremont In-house fiasco

Post by AJC » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:38 pm

So it looks like Bremont screwed the pooch on marketing their new Wright Flyer with super magical bits of Wright brother cloth, available in steel for a cool 18,000GBP.

Claiming an in-house movement that under further inspection appears to be the LJP movement in the Arnold & Sons dead beat without the dead beat complication.

I first saw this here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?3 ... ght-Flyer/

And a gif showing both the BWC01 and the LJP 6901.

Interesting to say the least. Even though I have no intentions on spending that absurd amount of money on a nothing special watch from a nothing special brand.
DOOM - The WatchForums Supervillian
kahuna74

Re: The Bremont In-house fiasco

Post by kahuna74 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:44 pm

To much hype in my mind with this brand. Reminds me of inshita. Maybe that's a little harsh, maybe not. Time will tell. They do have some nice watches. I just think not worth the asking price for some.
biglove

Post by biglove » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:25 am

Their pricing is insane and in my opinion is disproportionate for the watch made.

I certainly appreciate some of their design elements but damn! At that cost?!

I think they are appealing to those who can afford to blow big coin just because they can. Not that there is anything wrong with that...

The Supermarine, used, would be the only one within my price range; but, to be honest I would be far more likely to pick up a Steinhart Ocean Two as a homage piece considering the price difference.

A Steinhart Ocean Two+Omega GMT+Tudor Black Bay (all used) with change to spare vs a new Bremont Supermarine. Not a difficult choice for me to make!

Just not that thrilled with the brand.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
kahuna74

Post by kahuna74 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 am

biglove wrote:Their pricing is insane and in my opinion is disproportionate for the watch made.

I certainly appreciate some of their design elements but damn! At that cost?!

I think they are appealing to those who can afford to blow big coin just because they can. Not that there is anything wrong with that...

The Supermarine, used, would be the only one within my price range; but, to be honest I would be far more likely to pick up a Steinhart Ocean Two as a homage piece considering the price difference.

A Steinhart Ocean Two+Omega GMT+Tudor Black Bay (all used) with change to spare vs a new Bremont Supermarine. Not a difficult choice for me to make!

Just not that thrilled with the brand.

Wow BigLove, you nailed it. I would rather have just one of the watches you named and to think, I could have them all with money left for a Seiko to boot.