Goshawk

Non-categorized watch related discussion
svaglic

Goshawk

Post by svaglic » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Anyone here have any experience with Techne Instruments? I'm interested in the Goshawk. I like the 41.5mm size, the Miyota 8217, the 24 hour counter and the overall looks.
The reviews seem to be good, but I'm hoping someone here can add their experience and knowledge.
https://www.zulutimezone.com/mobile/#page-46
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Goshawk

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Regretfully, I have no experience with the brand...you may want to ask Conjurer, though, as he's been around long enough to have worn just about every type of wristwatch ever created. In fact, he was one of the founders of Sundial-Forums at the height of the glory that was Rome. (No, not that Rome, silly...we're talking about Rome, Indiana, where he was the state's curling champion for six years running...no, not that curling, but the kind that's accomplished every day in salons across the country...of course, back then, you had to keep your curlers on the stove; they were made of pig-iron back then, you see...plastic curlers were still more than a half-century from coming into fruition...considerably more than a half-century. :P )
biglove

Post by biglove » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:51 am

No knowledge of the brand. In fact, this is the first I have heard of it.

Amazon has them for $320 with $11 shipping though. No reviews in the brand there. At least you can return it at Amazon if it's a dud?!

Techne Men's Goshawk Watch, Large strap (17 to 21 cm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KTI3U6O/re ... dub1Q812SC
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
svaglic

Post by svaglic » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:55 pm

biglove wrote:No knowledge of the brand. In fact, this is the first I have heard of it.

Amazon has them for $320 with $11 shipping though. No reviews in the brand there. At least you can return it at Amazon if it's a dud?!

Techne Men's Goshawk Watch, Large strap (17 to 21 cm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KTI3U6O/re ... dub1Q812SC

I only heard of it a few days ago, I was interested in finding out more because I liked some things about it. I think I should proceed with my initial plans of what's on my list and find out more about this one before I look for a cheap used one.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Ocean
Founding Member

Post by Ocean » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Brand started in 2009 but really took of in 2012. Movement so used they said they were going to use are swiss g10 or isa quartz and Miyota. Haven't really seen anything on them till I saw this.
biglove

Post by biglove » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 pm

svoglic wrote:
biglove wrote:No knowledge of the brand. In fact, this is the first I have heard of it.

I only heard of it a few days ago, I was interested in finding out more because I liked some things about it. I think I should proceed with my initial plans of what's on my list and find out more about this one before I look for a cheap used one.

Sounds like a solid plan!

May be one of those things where people buy them and you don't see them much used. Seems to be the case with Steinhart and CW with a few exceptions.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989