Lose a second every 16 Billion years.

Non-categorized watch related discussion
biglove (Online)

Re: Lose a second every 16 Billion years.

Post by biglove » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Ocean wrote:-180 degrees Celsius that's darn cold.
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/japan-cloc ... 43576.html

"so precise that current technology cannot even measure them"

Wow. These make the atomic clocks look like a unregulated cheap Chinese movement. Again, wow!
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:35 am

Indeed. It's rather like that time Mr. Spock told the computer to calculate to the last digit the numerical value of Pi. And I believe that CAPT Kirk's response was, "What in shit's-path-to-the-sewer are you doing, Spock?" Or something like that.
biglove (Online)

Post by biglove » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Mortuus wrote:Indeed. It's rather like that time Mr. Spock told the computer to calculate to the last digit the numerical value of Pi. And I believe that CAPT Kirk's response was, "What in shit's-path-to-the-sewer are you doing, Spock?" Or something like that.

Oh, crap!

Mort, almost blew my soda out of the old schnozzola!
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
kahuna74

Post by kahuna74 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:16 am

Wow, a very interesting read. Just think this will be here long after we have trashed the earth and move to Mars for like the third or fourth time. In between trashing Mars of course. Kind of makes you wonder, are we Human's, or Marians, which came first,,,,