Beasts of the Deep: 15 Watches that Go 1000m and Beyond

Non-categorized watch related discussion
DBCooper
Founding Member

Beasts of the Deep: 15 Watches that Go 1000m and Beyond

Post by DBCooper » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 am

By: Zach Weiss - Guides | 07.03.2015 - Photo credit: COURTESY OF BRAND

Most people will never dive down 300m under the ocean. Heck, many of us rarely even go for a swim in your average pool. But that doesn’t make the allure of really over built, tool dive watches with absurd depth ratings any less powerful. There is something very appealing about knowing these watches will far exceed our daily needs, and often our most extreme needs. That they are built to survive in climates that our bodies cannot without special equipment if at all. Climates so hostile, few have ever been to them. By the nature of what they have to do, these watches have been aggressively engineered, some with patented tech, using the best gaskets, thick crystals, high quality steels, and are then manufactured with exacting quality. After all, if a brand claims they can go down to the deepest depths, they better live up to it. The watch designs then also take on a life of their own. These are generally large watches, with aggressive lines and colors, thick cases mounted with sapphires thicker than many watches. They aren’t for the faint of heart.

http://wornandwound.com/2015/07/03/beasts-of-the-deep-15-watches-that-go-1000m-and-beyond/
Sam
svaglic

Re: Beasts of the Deep: 15 Watches that Go 1000m and Beyond

Post by svaglic » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Great read. I love divers, but they just don't look right on me. I switched to vintage and they still don't look right, even though they are smaller. I have a few I use when I am in the water or hiking, but for the most part I can't wear them. I am fascinated by them and think they are some of the best looking watches out there though.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.