Checking in with the Germans

Non-categorized watch related discussion
DBCooper
Founding Member

Checking in with the Germans

Post by DBCooper » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Checking in with the Germans: Nomos, Damasko, Stowa and Archimede
WORN & WOUND 11.05.2015

Any long-time reader of worn&wound knows of our affinity for German watches. From tough purpose-driven brands like Sinn and Damasko to Bauhaus stalwarts like Nomos and Stowa, the Germans are in a league of their own with their unique blend of value, engineering, and design. Last week, we announced two new watches from Sinn, the U212 (EZM 16) and the limited edition 1800 S Damaszener. Today, we are checking in on some of our other favorite German firms and taking a look at a few of their recent releases, as well as some that you should definitely keep an eye on in the future.

http://wornandwound.com/2015/11/05/checking-in-with-the-germans-nomos-damasko-stowa-and-archimede/
Sam
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Checking in with the Germans

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:53 pm

LOVE the color of that Nomos Midnight Orion dial and the fact that it's a mechanical, though I'd never heard that they had their own movement, the "Alpha." It looks quite a bit like the Unitas of the same (36mm) size and caliber, but that doesn't mean much in the world of Horology. I do wish I had the scratch to pay the 2,800-bone price, as I'd love to own this one...

Thanks for the good read, Sam. 8)