Refined my watch list, still too long.

Non-categorized watch related discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
svaglic
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by svaglic » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 pm

As the year winds down, I have looked back over my purchases and realized that if I don't reign it in, I will have a problem.
The last few years, I concentrated on textured dials and movements. I have my share of textured common movements, so now I have to step it up. I'm not saying I will not buy another textured dial, but I am getting more selective. Instead of all, I am toning it down to some.
This last year, I also got several beater go to watches, this saves wear and tear on my collection.

My list for the new year.
Omega hidden crown Constellation Pie-pan
Omega, both the gold and silver c-case textured dials
(Omega movements to concentrate on in the 3 Omega's, 561, 564, 751)
Vintage King Seiko
Vintage Grand Seiko high beat
Vintage Aquadive
Vulcain Cricket textured dial
I will be in the market for vintage chronometers, true 24hr movements, compressors and micro rotors.
Aqua tropical, Elgin or Benrus
Yema North Pole
Various vintage Valjoux's.... excluding the 33 and 34
Seiko mini Tuna
Seiko Bullhead
Nivada Scubapro
Louvic reverso
A Seiko or Hamilton asymmetrical

Some newer models
Oris Pointer
Ball Eternity textured dial
Citizen minute repeater
Tisell Flieger
SSA165 silver spacewalk 50th anniversary
I'm still looking for a couple of these faux tuna Seiko's
SNZE91
SNZE93
SNZE95
SNZE97
SNZF03
SNZF05
SNZF07
SNZF01
I wouldn't mind having a 40mm Glycine and Edox, If I see a style I like.

It is exciting with the new movements coming out, like Tudor. If I have to add more to my list, oh well.

I have a big list, but I will not see a lot of these for sale this year, they are difficult to find. I have room to maneuver and build.
Hopefully I can stick to it and still have fun with it.

Have you guys made a list and do you stick to it?
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
DBCooper
Founding Member
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by DBCooper » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:22 pm

That's one helluva list there sv. I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

Have you guys made a list and do you stick to it?


I have never had a list. If I see something I like and it sticks for awhile I start looking for a deal. I have a 20 slot box (+1 beater watch) and that is my limit. I have reined it in myself. One in January 2014 and a Visodate I have had for about a month and haven't even had time to shoot photos of yet.
Sam
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:45 am

I have only three watches on My List, all of which I plan on obtaining before I get as old as Sam, or, even older, Conjurer:

Rolex Submariner (Hulk)
Cartier Ballon Bleu
Patek Philippe Calitrava

My Big List consists of all those wartches I shoulda never got and have been slowwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyy selling off at almost pfennig's on the dollar. "Buy in haste, sell off in horribly slow hysteria."

Anyone wanna buy a Scoobawful Nomer EYE EYE EYE? :oops: :oops: :oops:
User avatar
svaglic
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by svaglic » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:00 am

Mortuus wrote:I have only three watches on My List, all of which I plan on obtaining before I get as old as Sam, or, even older, Conjurer:

Rolex Submariner (Hulk)
Cartier Ballon Bleu
Patek Philippe Calitrava

My Big List consists of all those wartches I shoulda never got and have been slowwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyy selling off at almost pfennig's on the dollar. "Buy in haste, sell off in horribly slow hysteria."

Anyone wanna buy a Scoobawful Nomer EYE EYE EYE? :oops: :oops: :oops:


I was looking at the watches I will sell off and put them on the side, these have to go. I have felt stuck with them for too long.
When I look at what I have and will keep, I like it. I am happy with my collection today (doesn't mean I don't want to add to it), but I am pleased with the variety of new and old, movements, dials and styles.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:20 pm

svaglic wrote: I am happy with my collection today (doesn't mean I don't want to add to it), but I am pleased with the variety of new and old, movements, dials and styles.

When you can say something like this, then you have reached a truly wonderful place when it comes to collecting watches...I envy you, svagy!
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by Ocean » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:32 am

For myself I have no wants or needs at this point. My current collection is at the point of almost complete, there is only one missing I have the prototype but not the completed sales version. I'm not sure if there will be. Unfortunately money might not go as far as I originally planned.
Image
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by Ocean » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:27 pm

svaglic wrote:Can you give an estimate cost of one? How many sales versions do you have to initially get?



4 to 5 million to go into full production. I did have the investor to get me going. He past away a week before Thanksgiving. His estate has the final word on his old investments and I have to sit back and wait till the decide. Depending on their decision I will either be going forward or looking for another investor.

I thought I finally was past this point but things happen.
Image
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Refined my watch list, still too long.

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Ocean wrote:4 to 5 million to go into full production. I did have the investor to get me going. He past away a week before Thanksgiving. His estate has the final word on his old investments and I have to sit back and wait till the decide. Depending on their decision I will either be going forward or looking for another investor.

I thought I finally was past this point but things happen.

I'm very sorry to hear this, O. I just hope your plans can still come to fruition; you're good people and the success of this venture is certainly well-deserved. I'd certainly like to see them "in the flesh," so to speak.
Post Reply