'Cheating watches' warning for exams

Non-categorized watch related discussion
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: 'Cheating watches' warning for exams

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:35 am

I had -- and still have -- that same ethic you do, Big Kahuna. As such, I studied my arse off in college, Aviation Officer Candidate School, and, ultimately, flight school and all those that followed. I suppose it could be argued that cheating in college might not have mattered all that much -- I was, after all, a Poly Sigh major... :oops: But ultimately, though, cheating during AOCS, flight school, basic jet and type-training would've probably gotten me killed, or, as we used to say, would've probably ended up making me a 'lawn dart.' THE USN paid for two Masters degrees, one at a civilian university, and the other at the U.S. Naval War College, and I couldn't even imagine cheating under those circumstances. Oh, and I've been married to my lovely Morticia for 26 years without cheating. Does that make me a better person? Nope, probably not. But I was aware that any type of cheating, be it vocational, academic or personal, had consequences I wanted no part of. Does that make me a smarter person? Nope, I don't think so. I've been audited by the IRS twice, and they ended up owing me money both times. If I were so damned smart, that wouldn't have happened. In the final analysis, I guess it just means that I'm selfish; I don't like pain and discomfort, so I avoid cheating.

Thus far, anyway. 8)
kahuna74

Post by kahuna74 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:34 am

Mortuus wrote:I had -- and still have -- that same ethic you do, Big Kahuna. As such, I studied my arse off in college, Aviation Officer Candidate School, and, ultimately, flight school and all those that followed. I suppose it could be argued that cheating in college might not have mattered all that much -- I was, after all, a Poly Sigh major... :oops: But ultimately, though, cheating during AOCS, flight school, basic jet and type-training would've probably gotten me killed, or, as we used to say, would've probably ended up making me a 'lawn dart.' THE USN paid for two Masters degrees, one at a civilian university, and the other at the U.S. Naval War College, and I couldn't even imagine cheating under those circumstances. Oh, and I've been married to my lovely Morticia for 26 years without cheating. Does that make me a better person? Nope, probably not. But I was aware that any type of cheating, be it vocational, academic or personal, had consequences I wanted no part of. Does that make me a smarter person? Nope, I don't think so. I've been audited by the IRS twice, and they ended up owing me money both times. If I were so damned smart, that wouldn't have happened. In the final analysis, I guess it just means that I'm selfish; I don't like pain and discomfort, so I avoid cheating.

Thus far, anyway. 8)

I thik that does make you a better man mort. And I think it helps keep bad karma away.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:43 pm

kahuna74 wrote:I think that does make you a better man mort. And I think it helps keep bad karma away.

All kidding aside, I have to agree; if you believe in good karma -- as I genuinely do -- then you have to believe in the bad. And that has been a very real deterrent to me. Of course, there are those who will tell you that just thinking about something is as bad as doing it; I beg to differ, but to each his/her own... 8)
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm

svaglic wrote:It's a different generation today, the I want it, so I am entitled to it without working for it generation.

I agree...with the exception of my awesome nephew who is attending the U. S. Air Force Academy. For every rule, there is an exception...and, damn, I'm so proud of that kid.

8)