Seiko Transocean--Two Months In

Non-categorized watch related discussion
conjurer
Administrator

Seiko Transocean--Two Months In

Post by conjurer » Fri May 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Well, I've had this one for a little over two months, and I thought I'd shoot a few pics of how well it's holding up. The Seiko Dia-Shield treatment over the stainless is outstanding, and I'll show why:

No marks on the full ceramic bezel or the sapphire crystal:

On the bracelet, nada:

Now, the part that always gets desk diver marks a few days after normal wear:

And, closer in:

And finally, as tight as my camera can get:

With a 10X loupe, I was able to see a couple of very faint hairline scratches in the clasp (which don't really show up here.)

Also, the 6R15 movement was, I suspect, specially tuned by the Seiko boffins before leaving the factory. It runs well within COSC specs, about 1.5 seconds per day on the wrist, and then a 1 second or so slow off the wrist for sleepy time. I've worn this watch just about every day since I got it, taking it off now and then to wear something else--when in the watchbox (almost always for less than 24 hours) it loses a few seconds a day--right now it's about -4 seconds, from when I last hacked it about a month ago (the 6R15 has about 50 hours of power reserve, and hasn't run down since I got it.)

I honestly could keep this for my daily wearer and a dress watch for special shit and sell off the rest of my collection. It's fucking ruined me!!