44mm Puck homage.

Non-categorized watch related discussion
svaglic

44mm Puck homage.

Post by svaglic » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 am

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/sharke ... st35151130

Post 6 and 8 on this page talk about a quartz puck homage 44mm, up for pre order.

A while back they had the 47 auto homage puck on pre order that sold out. I didn't get one because 47mm would not have worked for me. The watches were great looking and the people that got them loved them.

There is some stalled talk about a 44mm auto Mekur puck homage that may come to pre order, but the people who brought it up haven't talked about it for over a month.

I love the steel blue puck, it is a great looking watch and I would love to have this in a 44mm. I'm just not sure I want a quartz. I'm also not sure I want to give money to a pre order that may not happen and I may lose my money. However, if they sell out like the batch of 47mm's, I may not get one because people don't seem to want to let them go.

The renderings of these always look like a plain blue, when they come out though, it is the steel blue and it looks great.

How hard would it be to convert this to an automatic with a miyota?

Opinions please. I really like the look of this watch.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
svaglic

Re: 44mm Puck homage.

Post by svaglic » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 pm

This one Arty. Halios Puck was the original and it was 47mm. This company made one and it all sold out in presale, I didn't get one because it was also 47mm. Now they are making one in 44mm. It will be a quartz and not on a stainless bracelet, but I love the steel blue look.

http://www.spreenow.com/taobao-agent/ta ... 9000910619

eddiea
Founding Member

Post by eddiea » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:19 am

Quartz? not my idea of a practical Diver, then again I get my Divers wet....
Honestly , I don't like the watch either the same way I didn't care for the original Puck ...I think the best thing Halios ever did was the Laguna....
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
svaglic

Post by svaglic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:32 pm

eddiea wrote:Quartz? not my idea of a practical Diver, then again I get my Divers wet....
Honestly , I don't like the watch either the same way I didn't care for the original Puck ...I think the best thing Halios ever did was the Laguna....

You're right, I am not crazy about quartz and it would still be huge on me. Even with the lugs the way they are, it would sit like a brick on my wrist. I like the steel blue color though, that color is one of the best blues I have seen. I need to be patient and not buy glamor crap.