Borrowed Time: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression

Non-categorized watch related discussion
Artman

Borrowed Time: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression

Post by Artman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Written by
Logan R. Baker

Zodiac is a watch brand that I’ve long admired, but for one reason or another, my overall wrist time has been limited over the years. That changed a few weeks back when I found an opportunity to bring a Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression along on a personal vacation to the Big Island in Hawaii.

https://www.watchtime.com/reviews/zodia ... on-review/
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Borrowed Time: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:28 am

That is one fine looking ZODI, and it's certainly unlike any other one I've ever seen before now. Still, I can't help but point out that it is very reminiscent of the "Fiddy Faddoms" by Blancpain, which has been 'homaged' a lot as of late. Still, if I had the $1295 smacks they're asking for, I might consider picking this one up, since the $12,000 smacks for a new Blancpain (or $9000 for a used version!) is definitely not for the weak of wallet or those otherwise facing economical challenges on a daily basis. Still, ZODIAC is a fine brand, in and of their own right, and it is almost certainly worth this comparatively low price for swiss automatic quality. I give it 1 thumb up, as do all of my fellow members of the Psychotic Friends Network.

Thanks for posting this'n, Arty! ;)
biglove

Re: Borrowed Time: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression

Post by biglove » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Damned good looking watch and the specs are as good as it gets. Am at a stage in life where I cannot even begin to fathom dropping that much on a watch for at least another five years.

Priorities change. But the want is definitely still there.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989