Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Non-categorized watch related discussion
Post Reply
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by Ocean » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:57 am

biglove wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 pm
Hell, I like it. Alot.

But not at that price. Price is likely fair but for around $1200, then we would be talking.



https://timeandtidewatches.com/farers-n ... aph-sport/

I’m afraid that it’s going to be a trend that likely won’t stop. Inflation is expected but at the rate I’m seeing it’s bad. Go to Home Depot and look at lumber prices or AC components, windows for a home are 26 weeks out.
Image
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by svaglic » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:56 am

I like it. If you think this is a keeper then get it man. I wish I would have got the Montblanc I was looking at two years ago. The used prices now are more then the new price two years ago. I kick my self over that one.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by biglove » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 am

Fucking inflation. Yeah, Svag, I wish I had snagged a handful of Omega 38mm Speedmasters about 2 years back. They are going for twice what they were then.

Speaking of lumber prices, we haven't seen a new home start in our development since the pandemic hit; at least until last week. Used to the developer had 6 up for sale at all times. Sell one, build another. Have read that the average cost of a new home has gone up by $16K in the last year and that's all due to lumber prices. Jeebus!

Low interest rates, high inflation, high unemployment. Sounds like Japan a few years back.

Isn't so bad for those of us already in a home but it is making it tough to buy for younger folks. Many homes around her are going for asking price and are marked sold in 1-2 days.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Image
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by Ocean » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:09 pm

biglove wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 am
Fucking inflation. Yeah, Svag, I wish I had snagged a handful of Omega 38mm Speedmasters about 2 years back. They are going for twice what they were then.

Speaking of lumber prices, we haven't seen a new home start in our development since the pandemic hit; at least until last week. Used to the developer had 6 up for sale at all times. Sell one, build another. Have read that the average cost of a new home has gone up by $16K in the last year and that's all due to lumber prices. Jeebus!

Low interest rates, high inflation, high unemployment. Sounds like Japan a few years back.

Isn't so bad for those of us already in a home but it is making it tough to buy for younger folks. Many homes around her are going for asking price and are marked sold in 1-2 days.

Wait for the drywall market. 32% increase from last year just received that email.
Image
User avatar
3Flushes
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by 3Flushes » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Ocean wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:57 am
biglove wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 pm
Hell, I like it. Alot.

But not at that price. Price is likely fair but for around $1200, then we would be talking.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/farers-n ... raph-sport

I’m afraid that it’s going to be a trend that likely won’t stop...
In a year or two, the median price of a watch will be $100,000.

Not a fan of green dials, but I like the looks of this watch very much, and the specs are solid.

Homes here wind up going for substantially over asking price. The market is insane.
User avatar
temerityb
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by temerityb » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:35 pm

3Flushes wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Homes here wind up going for substantially over asking price. The market is insane.
What's going on with homes right now is a travesty - you have big companies buying up entire blocks of family homes, then selling them for at least triple the original price. Young couples starting out don't have a freakin' chance these days.
“Jewelry isn’t really my thing, but I’ve always got my eye on people’s watches.” – Clive Owen
User avatar
3Flushes
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Farer Carnegie Chronograph

Post by 3Flushes » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:24 pm

temerityb wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:35 pm
3Flushes wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Homes here wind up going for substantially over asking price. The market is insane.
What's going on with homes right now is a travesty - you have big companies buying up entire blocks of family homes, then selling them for at least triple the original price. Young couples starting out don't have a freakin' chance these days.
Part of the scam here is developers buying up entire blocks, razing the single family homes and then building cracker box condo or town house 'communities' with no parking. I looked at a place for fun that was advertised as 1500 square feet. 1250 of that was stairs.

What's really shocking is how cheaply a member of a city council can be bought.
Post Reply