Costco: Best Place To Buy Gray?

Non-categorized watch related discussion
temerityb

Costco: Best Place To Buy Gray?

Post by temerityb » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:04 pm

Well, I just ordered a new watch, my third watch purchase from Costco. We all read bad things about buying gray, particularly from the more famous online gray market watch sites. I myself have ordered exactly one watch online during the past two years; I'm just tired of hearing about what goes on with other buyers, plus, I find it really hard to get packages delivered here in the NYC area. Stuff just disappears.

However, for my money (literally), Costco is a cut above the fray. I mean - have you ever seen their warranty? It's so far and above even what new watch stores offer, it's amazing:

That's about as good as it gets. I wish I had saved my receipt for a Seiko diver I bought there; the damn thing hasn't run right from the get-go (typical Seiko wonky crown), and I'd wager they'd have made good on it.

So, anyway, I was on the Costco website and saw a watch I'd always coveted available for order, with pickup at my local warehouse, as they dub their stores. It's a brand that's one of my favorites, the deal was killer, and I know that a WL member owns the same watch. Should have it by Monday, at least; I'll let y'all guess what I'm picking up (again).
Last edited by temerityb on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Jewelry isn’t really my thing, but I’ve always got my eye on people’s watches.” – Clive Owen
temerityb

Re: Costco: Best Place To Buy Gray?

Post by temerityb » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:38 pm

JAS1125 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:01 pm
Never gave Costco a thought before now...I'll have to check it out.

My guess is Citizen
Good guess; they usually have Citizens in their display cases.

Not the pick this time, but quite educated.
“Jewelry isn’t really my thing, but I’ve always got my eye on people’s watches.” – Clive Owen
Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Since Christmas is a ways off, I'm guessing the pallet of pro divers has'nt shown up yet. Seriously, I'm at a loss over here. Costco's in this area rarely have anything decent in the cabinets. I have never looked at their online stuff will have to check it out.
biglove

Post by biglove » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:43 pm

Have always wished we had Costco. Instead, we have Sam’s Club.

My guess on your new watch...Raymond Weil?
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
temerityb

Post by temerityb » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:30 pm

None of the above. To my longtime associates here: Remember, it's a brand I really like and extol the virtues of.

That should make it easier. :wink:
Buster

Post by Buster » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am

OOh yes, Edox one of my favourites..

I have four of them now..

Our Costco (Glasgow) has a massive watch and jewellery section, many is the hour I have oozed and pored over the Raymond Weil collection in there.