Tactical Frog

Non-categorized watch related discussion
User avatar
JAS1125
Administrator
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by JAS1125 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:51 pm

svaglic wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:23 pm
JAS1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:14 pm
conjurer wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:28 am
Dang! That looks OK!
Agree....Allison, is it a true 44mm case? Doesn't appear to be from your pic.

It’s ok Conj, I know you don’t like it, you can be brutally honest, I can take it.


Jas, it fits more like my mini turtle, which is supposed to be 42mm. It seems slimmer too, the size is great. My caliper is broken, so I can’t get a measurement.
Thanks!
Wrist shot looks good too
Image
User avatar
JAS1125
Administrator
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by JAS1125 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:53 pm

biglove wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:36 pm
For the price, that’s not a bad looking watch.

Looks to fit your wrist way better than the case width would have had me believe.
My guess is they said 44, including the crown. All the specs seem to be the same as the Maranaz I recently acquired, but a better price.
Image
User avatar
conjurer
Administrator
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by conjurer » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:42 pm

svaglic wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:23 pm
JAS1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:14 pm
conjurer wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:28 am
Dang! That looks OK!
Agree....Allison, is it a true 44mm case? Doesn't appear to be from your pic.

It’s ok Conj, I know you don’t like it, you can be brutally honest, I can take it.


Jas, it fits more like my mini turtle, which is supposed to be 42mm. It seems slimmer too, the size is great. My caliper is broken, so I can’t get a measurement.
Your watch is--totally honestly--terrific looking, svaggie. I always liked the look of the Sub 300 (I even owned one, a Divingstar, before Doxa was a nasty name) and since your's isn't putting any money in Doxa's pocket, all well and good. The tachymeter bezel's my only beef, and it sounds like you're going to take care of that.
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by biglove » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 am

Any further thoughts now that you have had it a few days?

Looking for an inexpensive watch for the wife to pick up for my birthday.
"Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard."-Jeremy Goldberg
Image
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by svaglic » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:50 am

biglove wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 am
Any further thoughts now that you have had it a few days?

Looking for an inexpensive watch for the wife to pick up for my birthday.
What color are you thinking?
It’s really not that bad. The bracelet is cheap, but it works for me, you may want to put a shark mesh on it. Other then the tachymeter bezel, it’s a decent beater, comfortable on the wrist. I actually like it. The reviews aren’t bad at all on them.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by biglove » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 am

svaglic wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:50 am
biglove wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 am
Any further thoughts now that you have had it a few days?

Looking for an inexpensive watch for the wife to pick up for my birthday.
What color are you thinking?
It’s really not that bad. The bracelet is cheap, but it works for me, you may want to put a shark mesh on it. Other then the tachymeter bezel, it’s a decent beater, comfortable on the wrist. I actually like it. The reviews aren’t bad at all on them.
Either the yellow or the baby blue.
"Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard."-Jeremy Goldberg
Image
User avatar
JAS1125
Administrator
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by JAS1125 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:50 pm

svaglic wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:50 am
biglove wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 am
Any further thoughts now that you have had it a few days?

Looking for an inexpensive watch for the wife to pick up for my birthday.
What color are you thinking?
It’s really not that bad. The bracelet is cheap, but it works for me, you may want to put a shark mesh on it. Other then the tachymeter bezel, it’s a decent beater, comfortable on the wrist. I actually like it. The reviews aren’t bad at all on them.
The next batch, due in September or October is supposed to correct the tachy bezel design
Image
User avatar
3Flushes
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by 3Flushes » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:34 pm

JAS1125 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:50 pm
svaglic wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:50 am
biglove wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 am
Any further thoughts now that you have had it a few days?

Looking for an inexpensive watch for the wife to pick up for my birthday.
What color are you thinking?
It’s really not that bad. The bracelet is cheap, but it works for me, you may want to put a shark mesh on it. Other then the tachymeter bezel, it’s a decent beater, comfortable on the wrist. I actually like it. The reviews aren’t bad at all on them.
The next batch, due in September or October is supposed to correct the tachy bezel design
Looking fwd to seeing what they do with the bezel- thinking more about the Maranez, like yours a lot.
User avatar
JAS1125
Administrator
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by JAS1125 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 am

JAS1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:09 am
From WIT...supposedly the improved version

https://watchintyme.com/index.php?threa ... er.740866/

I think I'm going to grab the Seestern mudder of pearl....although the tropical blue/teal looks good too

https://youtu.be/C8-PZztyggk

EDIT:
I see that Road Warrior at WIT is having issues... Hopefully it will be resolved

https://watchintyme.com/index.php?threa ... re.742087/
Image
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by biglove » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Waiting to see how this plays out. Hate the Glamour name on the pistachio Chrono Sugess makes but damn, it is sexy.
"Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard."-Jeremy Goldberg
Image
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by svaglic » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:13 pm

The Seestern came in today, it’s heavy and is tall.

I like the TF dial better, it has applied indices and I like the TF hands more.
I like the Seestern bezel more.
I was going to switch the dials on the watches, but I like the fit and comfortable TF case more. So, I need to put into action something to fix the TF bezel.
I think the TF is a better watch.
AA429572-1ED7-4A43-B949-4136F5296C85.jpeg
8EE8CA69-FF46-4BD8-8C6D-16334BC22C37.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by biglove » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:23 pm

^^^good to know.
"Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard."-Jeremy Goldberg
Image
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by Ocean » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:16 pm

svaglic wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:13 pm
The Seestern came in today, it’s heavy and is tall.

I like the TF dial better, it has applied indices and I like the TF hands more.
I like the Seestern bezel more.
I was going to switch the dials on the watches, but I like the fit and comfortable TF case more. So, I need to put into action something to fix the TF bezel.
I think the TF is a better watch.

AA429572-1ED7-4A43-B949-4136F5296C85.jpeg8EE8CA69-FF46-4BD8-8C6D-16334BC22C37.jpeg
Maybe I should pay more attention sometimes as you might have addressed it already. Which one has the better bracelet?
Image
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by svaglic » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Bracelets are pretty much alike, but if I had to go with one, I’d go with the Seestern for the best.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by svaglic » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:25 pm

JAS, I can send it to you so you can do a side by side with the Maranez if you want. Maybe it can be a pass around watch for members to try out and remark on, then go to an auction here for the forum.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by Ocean » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pm

svaglic wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:25 pm
JAS, I can send it to you so you can do a side by side with the Maranez if you want. Maybe it can be a pass around watch for members to try out and remark on, then go to an auction here for the forum.
That’s awesome that you would even consider that.
Image
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by svaglic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:51 am

Ocean wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pm
svaglic wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:25 pm
JAS, I can send it to you so you can do a side by side with the Maranez if you want. Maybe it can be a pass around watch for members to try out and remark on, then go to an auction here for the forum.
That’s awesome that you would even consider that.

Get it out and about so guys who are considering it can decide better. It didn’t work for me, maybe a bigger wrist or different shaped wrist will like it.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by svaglic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:10 am

I will send Jas a TF and the Seestern to compare and review against his Maranez if he wants to do it.
66C6FFE4-EE54-4CD2-A147-78F005D65118.jpeg
DB222082-6DA3-4C37-A027-705E777AA55C.jpeg
After his review, we can send them both out to others who want to try these for fit and build before they drop some coin on one. If TF fixes the bezel, I will grab some more colors for beaters. I really like the look and build of these, the TF just fits me better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
JAS1125
Administrator
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Tactical Frog

Post by JAS1125 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:08 am

svaglic wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:10 am
I will send Jas a TF and the Seestern to compare and review against his Maranez if he wants to do it.
66C6FFE4-EE54-4CD2-A147-78F005D65118.jpegDB222082-6DA3-4C37-A027-705E777AA55C.jpeg

After his review, we can send them both out to others who want to try these for fit and build before they drop some coin on one. If TF fixes the bezel, I will grab some more colors for beaters. I really like the look and build of these, the TF just fits me better.
That works for me, and very generous of you.

This guy did some of the most comprehensive reviews of the homages and Doxa also.

https://www.doxa300t.com/reviews.htm

From other reviews, most lean to Maranaz as the best, but I don't think there's been a good Frog vs Seestern. Maranaz is also the most expensive with the same movement.

A guy on Facebook bought both, mostly Frogs, but as usual on Facebook, not much details.
Image
Post Reply