The 50 best whiskeys in the world

Luxury and Lifestyle topics....Booze, Scotch, and other assorted sundries
biglove

Re: The 50 best whiskeys in the world

Post by biglove » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:32 am

^^^appreciate it. But I get tons of ads that make it unreadable. Meh.

Got to see the top five before I gave up. Have heard the Whistle Pig is lovely and can personally vouch for the Monkey Shoulder. It really is superb.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Tripper53

Post by Tripper53 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:42 pm

Several years at a restaurant in Bellevue WA, I participated in a Scotch Flite consisting of 5 McAllan single malts in ascending order of age and price. The first 4 were pretty good but the fifth, a 25 year old, was incredible. When I started back at the beginning, they tasted like gasoline in comparison.

By this time I was getting a little tipsy and, since it was my birthday, I told the waiter to bring me a glass of the 25. He insisted on bring me the bar list and pointed out that a glass of the 25 was $150. I ordered a glass of the 12.

At the time, I didn’t know whether to be grateful for the waiter’s insistence on bringing the price list or insulted. Evidently, I didn’t present as someone who indulged in such lofty realms of beverage nirvana.
MKTheVintageBloke

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:15 pm

I agree with some of the choices, although far am I from questioning the rest - for I haven't tried them.

Black Bush is a wee bit of a flamethrower, but it's decent. Love The Famous Grouse. I have tried the Bowmore 15 a long time ago - it's best on the rocks, otherwise it's waaaay too intense for me. Then again, the only whisky I drink straight is the Dalwhinnie 15. To me, the perfect thing is a 75cl measure with three ice cubes. That goes for largely any whisky, whiskey or bourbon in my case.
Haven't tried the non-standard variations of Tullamore Dew and Jameson that they chose, but I do highly recommend the Tullamore Dew Cider Cask and Jameson Stout Edition - the former being aged in cider barrels, the latter in ones after stout, as the names suggest.
My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!
Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade