New Year's Resolutions?

A place for everything else, such as automotive, entertainment, humor etc. Just leave out politics and religion.
airframer
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

New Year's Resolutions?

Post by airframer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:49 pm

I swear I am not having another cigarette. Been puffing on the e-cig off and on for a while, and I think I'm finally at the point where I can quit the real cigs and not kill anyone in the process. It's been all of 1 day so far, but looking good!

I've never been very good at keeping these new year's resolutions, but this one is going to stick.

Anyone else determine to change something under their control as is traditional this time of year?
Image
kahuna74
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by kahuna74 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Yeah, I am going back to riding my mountain bike every day for a least ten miles. And walking at least five a day. Last to go diving at least twice a month.
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by biglove » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 am

Good goals, guys!

Air, you can do it! My last cig was 10/12/2014. Since then I have saved over $856, been smoke free 81 days, not smoked 3230 cigs. Feel SO much better!

Some days I have 0-2 cravings that are very mild. Some days, when I am stressed, I have a fleeting profound craving and may have 10-15 cravings; but, those have become more rare as time goes by.

I, too, am picking up the exercise, Kahuna. My goals are not as lofty as yours; but, I will be eating right again with a goal of 210# with my current weight being 325#. I dropped 70#s three years ago but have gained it all back. This time, it has to be permanent. The heart condition is not going to let me play with it anymore.

Best wishes to both of you in pursuit of your goals!
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Image
kahuna74
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by kahuna74 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:15 pm

biglove wrote:Good goals, guys!

Air, you can do it! My last cig was 10/12/2014. Since then I have saved over $856, been smoke free 81 days, not smoked 3230 cigs. Feel SO much better!

Some days I have 0-2 cravings that are very mild. Some days, when I am stressed, I have a fleeting profound craving and may have 10-15 cravings; but, those have become more rare as time goes by.

I, too, am picking up the exercise, Kahuna. My goals are not as lofty as yours; but, I will be eating right again with a goal of 210# with my current weight being 325#. I dropped 70#s three years ago but have gained it all back. This time, it has to be permanent. The heart condition is not going to let me play with it anymore.

Best wishes to both of you in pursuit of your goals!


I use to do 30 miles a day on the bike. Then I just stopped. And I too gained all the wait I lost. I am back up to 235. I feel my best at 190.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:12 pm

I'd like to get back down to where I was when I was an avid runner: 178 #'s on-the-dot. I'm now 276 #'s, but running is out of the question, given my 911 injuries/repairs. I'm 6' 2" (or I was before my back got broken in three places), so I carry the weight pretty well, but I know I'd feel better without all of that extra blubber. I know I should give up my Coca-Cola, Pepsi-Cola and Royal Crown (my favorite) Cola habits, but it's difficult -- I hate diet soda; oh, how I hate it -- and then there's Mrs. Mort's red velvet cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting. I walk Daffy about a mile every day, which helps some, but the sawbones are now talking about a left hip replacement for me...JeeeeBUS. I guess the only resolution I can keep is of the "I will buy at least 20 watches in 2015" variety...

...HFNY, all... :no:
eddiea
Founding Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by eddiea » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:26 am

Health is not in my 2015 resolutions, but travel is...lots of it
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
kahuna74
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by kahuna74 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:23 pm

eddiea wrote:Health is not in my 2015 resolutions, but travel is...lots of it


Hawaii in May for me and the wife. Vegas in the summer to spend time with my daughter. Icekand in the fall for a week. Spring of 2016 Kenya for ten days with students from the college. I love traveling.
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by Ocean » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:36 am

Airframer if you need any tips on vaping let me or Fatman know. I know some people say that ecigs are no better but when you have an elephant taken off your chest you feel better. My new years resolution get back into fighting shape. I would like one last fight if I can be licensed again. Injuries and getting older are a bitch plus haven't totally okay'd it with Mrs. O
Image
eddiea
Founding Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by eddiea » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:44 am

airframer wrote:Eddie, where are you going this year?

Bilbao and Barcelona for a couple days to visit with family, then heading down to Tangiers, Casablanca and Marrakech with the wife...to start the year.
“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” Jack Kerouac
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by svaglic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm a few days with just the ecig. I'm not as bitter and hateful as I thought I'd be.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
User avatar
biglove
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by biglove » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:11 pm

svoglic wrote:I'm a few days with just the ecig. I'm not as bitter and hateful as I thought I'd be.


Good to hear! Stick with it!

I envy you guys' travel plans!
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Image
airframer
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by airframer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Ocean wrote:Airframer if you need any tips on vaping let me or Fatman know. I know some people say that ecigs are no better but when you have an elephant taken off your chest you feel better. My new years resolution get back into fighting shape. I would like one last fight if I can be licensed again. Injuries and getting older are a bitch plus haven't totally okay'd it with Mrs. O

Thanks, O! I've had a used Provari for a while and started doing my own build in a Kayfun clone. So much better than the clearomizers and cartotanks I was using - plus the always fun hands-on factor.

svoglic wrote:I'm a few days with just the ecig. I'm not as bitter and hateful as I thought I'd be.

I love(d) to smoke - So far so good this year on the ecig. You got this! On another note, does your coffee stash warrant a refill, yet?
Image
airframer
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by airframer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:30 pm

eddiea wrote:
airframer wrote:Eddie, where are you going this year?

Bilbao and Barcelona for a couple days to visit with family, then heading down to Tangiers, Casablanca and Marrakech with the wife...to start the year.

Duuuude - that sounds like an awesome trip! Here's looking at you, kid!
Image
User avatar
svaglic
Founding Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by svaglic » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:27 pm

airframer wrote:
Ocean wrote:Airframer if you need any tips on vaping let me or Fatman know. I know some people say that ecigs are no better but when you have an elephant taken off your chest you feel better. My new years resolution get back into fighting shape. I would like one last fight if I can be licensed again. Injuries and getting older are a bitch plus haven't totally okay'd it with Mrs. O

Thanks, O! I've had a used Provari for a while and started doing my own build in a Kayfun clone. So much better than the clearomizers and cartotanks I was using - plus the always fun hands-on factor.

svoglic wrote:I'm a few days with just the ecig. I'm not as bitter and hateful as I thought I'd be.

I love(d) to smoke - So far so good this year on the ecig. You got this! On another note, does your coffee stash warrant a refill, yet?


Dude, I lost it tonight. I got a new stock of Glenlivet 12, 15 and 18. I lost it on the 12. Looks like I am going to have to quit drinking for a couple or few weeks to get this. I have a bags of coconut for sure, I have to check if that is all I have. My Dad can send me whatever I ( or you) want though.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
airframer
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by airframer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:05 pm

No worries, man. This has got to be the 3rd try with the ecig, and to be honest, it was all about finding the right equipment that satisfied the craving - sipping on some Herradura right now with no issues. What're you vaping on?

Its hard when you don't necessarily want to quit but know you should.

I'm good on coffee, but if you're getting short I'll shoot over some from wonderful WA state.

Scotchy, scotch scotch - more of an Oban or Lagavulin guy, myself.
Image
Ocean
Founding Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by Ocean » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:32 am

If you're new to ecigs suggest that you start with a new aspire nautilus mini and a smoke tech SID or vamo 25-40 is a about normal ( the provari is very good but the expense for newbie isn't worth it the absolute lowest I have seen the new version was 145.00) . If they suggest a mechanical mod don't do it. If you decide later to go that route look into a regulated box mod.
Image
airframer
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by airframer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Agreed - I'm not as savvy as O, but I've attempted to utilize ecigs as a cigarette substitute starting out in 2009 when you pretty much had to make your own (copper pipe and aquarium filters, anyone?) if you didn't want to spend a fortune to now. I dig the Provari because no matter what I've screwed up, it just doesn't break.

But if you have enough battery, some regulation, and a topper that delivers the goods without constantly pissing you off - you're good.
Image
Post Reply